We are looking for candidates willing to stay connected to scientific research by helping researchers worldwide publish their latest results.
The position of Assistant Editor is a full-time position based in Singapore.
As an Assistant Editor you will:
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals in your domain of expertise
- Organize peer review for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
- Handle email communication between the parties involved in the publication process
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team
- Ensure that scholarly articles are accurately edited and published according to tight deadlines with a high degree of consistency
- Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Materials Science, Agriculture, Medicine and Pharmacy, Ecology and Environmental Sciences;
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong English skills in written and spoken language
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Professional experience with scholarship publishing is an advantage
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Previous editorial experience is desirable, but not required. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply.
What we offer:
- Professional and personal development
- International work environment
- Flexible working hours in the limits of a full-time job
- Flat organizational structures
- Trips to the other MDPI offices
- Attending Scientific Conferences
- Competitive salary, benefits
- You must have the right to work and live in Singapore
- This role is based in Singapore.