Are you interested in supporting scientists and other researchers to publish their latest results, have an eye for detail, and outstanding English editing skills? We are looking for meticulous and highly motivated people to join our team of English Editors and support our scholarly journals. This is a full-time, entry-level position located in our Singapore office. All new editors undergo a probation period in which in-house training is provided by a senior editor.
As an English Editor, you will need to
- Accurately edit scholarly articles, working to short deadlines and meeting work targets with a high degree of consistency;
- Edit corporate material (e.g., announcements, flyers, or webpages) and support journal editors with English-related tasks;
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team;
- Work full-time from our Singapore office as part of dynamic and diverse team.
- A bachelor or master's degree in any subject;
- Advanced knowledge of English;
- Experience in editing and writing;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent self-organization, including meeting work targets;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to collaborate as part of an international team;
- An interest in scholarly research;
- A strong interest in working with research material.
- Previous experience editing, writing, or publishing scholarly content;
- Knowledge of LaTeX;
- Experience working in a research environment;
- A Ph.D. or equivalent qualification.
What we offer:
- Professional and personal development
- An international work environment
- Flat organizational structures
- Trips to the other MDPI offices
- Competitive salary, benefits
- You must have the right to work and live in Singapore
- This role is based in Singapore.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 300 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 84,200 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI has its headquarters in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.